Practice Yoga Read more [...]
Event Category: Yoga Event
This 100-hour training is for those students who are looking to start or deepen their meditation practice and Teachers who would like to add meditation into their classes. This training, offered by Yogi Charu, is based on the classical techniques found in the Hatha Yoga Pradipika, Shiva Samhita, Gerand Samhita and the Bhagavad Gita. These techniques have been tried, tested, and mastered by previous yogis and rishis who have left us a wealth of wisdom to follow in their footsteps. Applying their guidance to our daily life, these great books and yoga masters guarantee a sense of Inner Peace, Control over the Emotions, Relaxation of the Tension in the Mind, and above all a sense of Universal Love for Every Living Entity.
Whether you are a beginner or a season meditator, you will benefit from this training as Yogi Charu will teach many variations for each technique. Come and join us and make your mind your Best Friend!
• Yoga Nidra – the art of conscious relaxation (psychic sleeping)
• Tratak – Steady Gazing (candle gazing)
• Kaya Sthairyam –Steadiness of the body (Sitting still)
• Chankramanam – Walking meditation
• Antar Mouna – Inner Silence
• Japa Yoga – Mantra chanting on Malas (beads)
• Ajapa Japa – Effortless mantra chanting
• Chakra Dharana – Cleansing of the 7 major Psychic centers
• Chidakasa Dharana – Cleansing of the mind space between the Eyebrows
• Ujjayi Pranayama with Kecheri Mudra – Ocean breath with tongue lock
• Samaveta Pranayama – Even breathing
• Nadi Shodhana pranayama – Alternative breathing
• Anuloma Viloma and Prana Shuddhi – Psychic nadi shodhana
ABOUT YOGI CHARU
Yogi Charu has been a student of yoga and meditation for over 25 years. He lived in the Himalayas where he learned the yogic lifestyle from Yogi Vijay. He was later initiated into Kriya and Yoga meditations by Anandakapila Saraswati. He currently lives in Honolulu, Hawaii & travels globally teaching workshops on Asanas, Yogic cleansing (kriyas), Pranayama, Meditation, and Bhakti(yoga of Devotion). OM TAT SAT!
~ Class meets Monday – Friday from 6-8am, October 9th – November 3rd
~ Additional hours are completed through daily home practice and reading & writing components
~ Required reading: Meditation from Tantras & Yoga Nidra by Swami Satyananda Saraswati, Prana and Pranayama by Swami Niranjana Saraswati
~ Tuition is $1200
~ Sign up by August 15th and receive a free 60 minute float at Dream Float Hawaii!!!
Register for the Meditation Training by August 15th and receive one free float @ Dream Float Hawaii!!!