Escape to a Read more [...]
Event Category: Yoga Event
Get certified to teach yoga to children and teens this summer.
Our Summer Immersion Program represents an experiential approach to yoga education, combining one week of intensive instruction with experience-driven mentorship. Learn the evidence-based principles and practices to effectively teach yoga to children and teens. Apply theory to practice by viewing and assisting classes at a local school. Upon completion of our program, you will be certified as a Yoga Educator with Yoga Ed. and eligible for Yoga Alliance’s RCYT certification.
What You’ll Gain
1. Understand children’s and adolescents’ physical, mental, emotional, and social development
2. Teach from a lens of brain based learning and social emotional learning
3. Know the benefits of yoga for children and teens
4. Embody the Yoga Ed. teaching philosophies
5. Design and develop lesson plans appropriate to the age group you are teaching
6. Create yoga classes to meet the National Physical Education and Health Standards
7. Effectively utilize yoga tools in the classroom to meet your student’s needs
8. Teach yoga to students Pre-K through 12th grade