Thai yoga therapy opens the body to encourage deep relaxation through breath awareness, gentle yoga stretches, rocking motions and different soft tissue manipulation techniques (massage, fascial release, chopping, and many more.) The massage relieves tightness, pain and anxiety, improves circulation and flexibility, and creates an overall sense of balance and wellbeing. The recipient just relaxes while the body is gradually opened towards a comfortable edge. The therapist adjusts the appropriate pressure, gentle and passive or deep and vigorous based on the client needs and preferences. To facilitate the stretching process, the therapist has the client lie on a Thai mattress placed on the floor and uses the likes of pillows and blankets for additional support. In contrast to other massage styles, Thai yoga massage notably does not use any lotion or oil.
Classified Category: Classifieds
We are looking for your story of how yoga has helped you off the mat. People from all walks come to yoga for so many reasons – to relieve stress, get over an ex, deal with a family death, get healthy, stay active, get in shape and the list goes on…YogaHawaiiMagazine.com want to hear your story in your words!
Depending on the story you give us, we at YogaHawaiiMagazine.com want to share your story to show the power of yoga working it’s magic right here in Hawaii. If you interested here are the details –
1. Write your story with less than 1,000 words
2. Please provide your name and the area you live. Please send us a picture or picture(s) or stay anonymous that’s your call…just be a local Hawaii resident.
3. YogaHawaiiMagazine.com will compensate the stories WE USE with little presents of our appreciation. We thank you in advance for your contribution.
4. Please note that we have a staff editor that may help in editing your piece with your final approval.
5. Please send your article and attachments to YogaHawaiiMagazine@gmail.com
Please note that should you submit your story and picture, you are agreeing that YogaHawaiiMagazine.com has the right to use all information you send us.
Mahalo and Namaste,